Saturday, August 4, 2007

Society In Our Heads

Where is the help for pregnant woman? What are they left to think they should do when society gives them only two options? Either abort or "give" to adoption. If you could never abort what are you left with?

They say...
You're poor and you can't give your baby what it needs. There are couples out there that can do it for you. You can't raise a baby without a father (or husband). A child needs a two parent home. A family that can't conceive a child has more love then you can give. They can provide more then you could because they are well established, have degrees, and high paying jobs. Your child will have a much better life with them.

What they don't say...
You and your child will have a life time of hurt from adoption. Once you call an agency they will do everything in their power to pound more things to say to coerce you into adoption. They will flat out lie. They will treat you like a best friend until you have the baby and then you are the worst enemy. They will use a bunch of legal jargon to convince you that you have no choice. They will take your baby and not tell you where he/she is. And it goes on and on and on.

I was suckered by society, an agency, and the ones who adopted of my son. I was made to feel that I was worthless as a mother and a person. It's to late for me. I can't get back my son because I know all the things I know now. And I'm not the only one. So far the only thing we (mothers who have lost to adoption) have is word of mouth about all these babysellers and buyers. We are stifled by the masses because no one wants to hear that adoption is wrong.

I pray that someday soon that our cries will be heard by all.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

They never tell us the reality of adoption do they?? Because; if we knew the reality; they would of never got our babies. I am sorry; that have you have been tricked. You are a wonderful mother:)Yes; one day blt; they will hear our voice; because it will be loud, and clear; and we all will stand together.


Love ya,
Kell

Aislin13 said...

Everything they say is a lie. Babies want mommy not some strange lady. They lie because if they told the truth no mother would ever ever even talk to them. I am so sorry for your pain

VO said...

I was also coerced and treated like some sort of sub-human in order for them to take my daughter. I have a blog too and hope you will take a look at the links...I hope you are doing better...getting through your healing process. It took me nearly 17 years to even acknowledge what happened so you are ahead:)
http://adoptiontruthsreform.blogspot.com/

Shirley said...

Jaded tears is sounds like you went through LDS Family Services. they tell young single moms the same lines. I had a run in with them back in 1978 after joining the LDS(Mormon) church. I was also told that no man would want to marry a ready made family with someone who had had a child outside of marriage. I proved them wrong and got married 4 months later. I did however end up losing 3 children to adoption on January 24, 1993 because of CPS in Maine. I was told that if I didn't sign off that they would have serious charges pressed against me and I wouldn't be allowed to see the three children that they didn't terminate my rights too.